Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! We appreciate your patience and support as our team works to quickly investigate and address reported issues with the game. Release 1.0.1 is now available for all users on Steam and GOG. It will be available for Paradox Launcher and other platforms on 5/3/2018. Note that we are aware of and continuing to investigate OS-specific video player issues and hardware-specific GPU issues that a small number of users are experiencing.
If you experience any issues after pulling this update, the first step we recommend is to restart your computer, and then verify integrity of game files. Occasionally the Steam update process can act weird - this will ensure that the update has been properly applied.
As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com
Release 1.0.1 Notes, 5/2/2018
- Trial fix for an issue where save games could sometimes fail to appear upon re-launching the game.
- Trial fix for some occasional crashes when loading back into the sim-game scene.
- We now immediately apply changes to the windowed mode and fullscreen monitor selection settings.
- Added the ability to change the Callsign associated with your multiplayer profile.
- Fixed issues with the Vsync setting sometimes not applying correctly.
- Setting Vsync to be ON by default.
- Capping framerate at 120 when Vsync is OFF.
- Fixed an issue where redeeming a valid unlock code could cause a long loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where 'Mech model variants unlocked using an access code could be seen clipping through other Argo UI screens, after selecting the unlocked 'Mech in the Mech Bay.
- Fixed minor graphical issues with the pre-order Shadow Hawk Umbra skin.
- Fixed an issue where enemy AI could sometimes act slowly during Defend Base contracts.
- Improved loading sequence stability when alt-tabbed.
- Support for non-standard Steam install directories (directory paths with special characters like "=" in them.)
- Removing debug F6 pilot-injury hotkey.
- Adding version number display to the Main Menu.
- Adding protections for errors in the GOG Galaxy client when playing through GOG.
- Making DirectX 11 a required component in Steam and GOG installers.
- If you are fielding a Shadow Hawk with the Valhalla paint job, all combat missions will fail to load. This includes loading combat save games as well as dropping from your Dropship. To work around the issue in Skirmish, remove the Valhalla Shadow Hawk variant from your lance. To work around the issue in Campaign, change the Shadow Hawk paint job to one of the base options. We will fix this asap (v1.0.2).