Skirmish Beta 2
Front End Changes
● An Options Menu that allows you to change your settings and remap your keyboard shortcuts. (Currently only available from the Main Menu.)
● Unlimited lance value option now available - Steiner Scout Lance, reporting for duty.
● The lance preset dropdowns now only show those for the chosen cBill bracket.
● Empty Lance slots are now allowed if “Require Full Lance” is false. (Now showing: Atlas v. Swarm of Locusts.)
● Customizing a lance sets the preset to "NONE".
● Firing Accuracy: We’ve revised how Shot Difficulty modifiers translate into a percentage chance to hit; it’s now simpler to explain and parse. Your base chance to hit with a ranged attack is 65% + 2.5% per point of Gunnery skill. This is then reduced for each point of Difficulty. The first 10 points of Difficulty reduce your chance to hit by 5% each. All points past 10 reduce your chance by 2% each.
● The EVASIVE state has been revised and consolidated with movement to-hit modifiers.
- The farther a ‘Mech moves (by any type of movement), the more EVASIVE charges it receives, up to a maximum of 6.
- Each EVASIVE charge makes the ‘Mech +2 Difficulty to hit with ranged attacks. ○ Each time an EVASIVE ‘Mech is attacked, it loses one EVASIVE charge.
- The EVASIVE state is lost when the ‘Mech has no EVASIVE charges remaining, or becomes UNSTEADY.
● New Sensor Lock behavior: Select a target within sensor range to reveal it until the end of the current round and remove two of its EVASIVE charges.
● New Evasive Move behavior: This unit generates an extra EVASIVE charge from movement actions (up to the maximum of 6).
● The Firestarter BattleMech! We’re excited to see how flamers change your gameplay.
- Flamers deal heat damage to targets, and can be fired during melee attacks like other Small Weapons - but come with a very limited amount of ammo.
● MechWarriors available in Skirmish now have two abilities.
● Morale System replaced with Fury. Fury is gained when ‘Mechs take structure damage, lose locations, and are destroyed. When the FURY meter is full, you may FOCUS a MechWarrior for one turn, causing their attacks to always hit and ignore COVER, GUARDED, and EVASIVE.
● Crits are more frequent and more powerful. Specifically:
- Components only require a single hit to be destroyed by a crit (instead of 2)
- Weapons no longer have a “misaligned” state - the first crit damages them, the second crit destroys them.
● Stability works differently now - it accumulates slower and also bleeds slower, and in larger discrete chunks.
- These discrete stability pips now display in the UI.
- ‘Mechs permanently lose one stability pip when they lose a Leg (one stability pip turns red.)
- UNSTEADY is not automatically removed if you don’t move; instead, two stability pips are removed (which *could* remove UNSTEADY.)
- A normal move bleeds off one pip of instability.
- Sprint and jump don’t remove any instability.
- Bracing still clears all instability.
● Rear-shots now consider arms and legs as part of the hit-table, they no longer always hit one of the rear-torso locations (however, these tables are weighted significantly towards the rear torso locations.)
● When Mechs get knocked down, they get bumped back in the initiative track by one phase for their next action, down to a minimum of Phase 1
● A/C damage has been reduced (previous: 25/50/75/100, current: 25/45/60/100) for AC2, 5, 10, and 20 respectively
● Global heat has been tuned down by about 10%.
● Indirect Fire: your Tactics skill now determines your penalty; so high tactics means lower penalty.
● Standing in Rough Terrain gives you a defense bonus against melee attacks.
● Heads have slightly more structure, and LRM volleys ignore the head location when clustering (if the attack didn't hit the head in the first place.)
● Called Shot: gunnery now determines your base to-hit instead of tactics; tactics determines how much additional weight your selected location for the called shot gets.
● Updated Called Shot Popup so it shows % likelihood of different parts being hit.
● PPC now applies a to-hit penalty to the target when it hits, for the target's next turn.
● Change heat multiplier from 1.65 to 1.5.
● Change all head structure amounts from 15 to 16 - prevents AC10 one-shotting (given the current 60 pt damage at least)
● Water mask updates:
- Changed move cost from 1 to 1.5
- Changed heat sink multiplier from 2 to 1.5 (i.e. Water doesn't increase heat dissipation as much - previous: 200%, current: 150%).
● Melee attacks against Prone or Shutdown Mechs should always hit.
● Units that will be able to have LOS on YOU if you make a prospective move are now highlighted with an eyeball icon (even if they are blips.) This should help indicate asymmetric LOS situations.
● New indicator for rotate-in-place. Just click the unit to see its targeting cone and reposition as desired.
● Increased the rotate-in-place threshold from 15 to 22 - should make rotate moves easier to achieve.
● Weapons sorted on the weapons panel based on the order they’re fired.
● Show a called shot floatie over the target when a called shot happens.
● Extra messaging when ammo explodes.
● Changed verb for confirming melee action from "Attack" to "Melee".
● Don't allow blips to be targeted for DFA.
● Improvements have been made to the warning UI for heat & stability bars.
● Don't allow Last Man Standing units to sensor lock.
● Add a multiplier that makes Called Shot targets more attractive when calculating vulnerability.
● Add support for AI using Focus ability.
● Sprint To Combat now respects Lance Spread Distance.
● Created "Last Man Standing" Dynamic role.
● Changes to support scouts for lance defs, tuning changes for sprint, and tuning for the scout role.
● Changed move to-hit thresholds from 60/180/300 to 60/140/220.
● Fix an observed case of far away units not sprinting to combat.
● Support Called Shots.
● Removed behavior where AI would sometime charge towards combat when that would overly expose them to weapons fire.
● Created influence factor to try to avoid being where lethal damage could be inflicted on the moving unit.
● Brace less when defensive.
● Support multi-targeting.
● Targeting: pass in more targetLocations and targetIsEvasive flags to allow us to calculate expected damage in case the AI decides to sprint.
● Test for hostiles behind me when we would choose to brace.
● Do not reserve if hostile units could attack us from behind.
● Substantial rewrite of sprint vs regular move influence map calculation engine.
● Clean up influence map calculations for units far away from combat.
● Made influence factors have a "regular" and a "sprint" weight. Miscellaneous
● Set a tiny visibility range for when a ‘Mech is shut down, so the player can see incoming weapons fire against the shut down ‘Mech.
● VFX tweaking for default AC/10/20's to have that nice big chunky tank cannon effect.
● Added a delay to firing small weapons after melee.
● Jump sequence timing adjustments.
● Attempting to further harden against the fastest clickers in the world.
● Fixed Pilot.MaxTargets so that it returns 3 if you have the MultiTargeting ability, and 1 otherwise.
● Fixed weird toasts when mechs fall down.
● Bresenham line test - don't check at every step!!! Just check the beginning and the end of the line. Should save about a third of our processing time from Bresenham lines!
● Fixed a bug where right leg damage was never factored into movement, and left leg damage was factored twice.
● Make sure that when Mechs restart, they always sink heat to the correct level
● Make sure the final attack in a mission plays out before we show "mission complete" dialog, so players can appreciate their victory.
● Make sure overheating mechs only do the shutdown step if they haven't shut down already.
● Made Mech variant display in the targeting computer.
● Fixed the location displayed for called shots.
● Fixed incorrect values being shown on damage floaties, when target was braced or in cover
● Fixed discrepancy between jump destinations shown and reachable
● Fixed: weapon slots shouldn't show % when hovering on blips
● Fixed bug where using multi-fire deselected all used weapons.
● Fixed rounding errors in UI when displaying percents.
● Fixed up Evasive floaties & descriptions to say Evade instead of Dodge.